Let's review what you have accomplished so far.
1. You have practiced mindful eating and developed a relationship of gratitude and appreciation for the food with which you nourish your body.
2. You have defined your "why" and envisioned your future healthy self.
3. You have tapped into the feelings of success by focusing on all that you have accomplished. You are inspired by others who have transformed into their future healthy selves. You have identified what it feels like to be that radiantly healthy person and you are enjoying activities to experience those feelings every day.
If you have completed these steps, you are ready to release weight and reclaim your health.
Many people make the mistake of starting a nutrition plan before they are mentally prepared, but not you! You are ready!
Now let's talk about nutrition plans. I obviously advocate for (and coach with) primal, paleo, keto, or a mix of the three. But know that a plan has to feel right to YOU. When I first heard Mark Sisson discuss primal, I knew in every cell of my body that it was right for me. Your job is to research plans and tap into what feels right!
As you conduct your research, think about the lifestyle of your future healthy self. For example, my future healthy self is free, creative and abundant. The primal plan works perfectly with this lifestyle because:
- Freedom: I eat what I want when I am hungry. I don't have a set number of meals, macros or a calorie plant to follow. If I don't feel like eating, or if it's inconvenient to do so, I don't eat!
- Creative: Because I don't eat processed food I get to create meals out of real ingredients! I play in the kitchen and have so much fun with meal preparation.
- Abundant: Primal gives abundant mental clarity, abundant gratitude for beautiful food, abundant health, abundantly epic sleep, abundantly easy weight release, abundantly fun exercise, abundant gratitude for this beautiful life.
My future self does not want to be measuring food, riding the high carb/glucose burning roller coaster, counting calories, or recording every morsel I eat in a food journal.
(If you would an introduction to fat burning versus glucose burning check out my "Back to Basics" series.)
There are many plans out there that will enable you to release weight. But the plan should align with the lifestyle of your future healthy self. Additionally, solid nutrition plans have the following things in common:
- Limited consumption of processed foods.
- Avoidance of highly refined polyunsaturated vegetable oils and manufactured trans fats (canola, soy, safflower, sunflower oils; margarine and vegetable shortening).
- Limited consumption of sugar, natural sweeteners and artificial sweeteners.
Do your research and align with your future healthy self. When you find a plan that fits, you should feel excited to start!
If you are feeling called by the primal plan, but are looking for more guidance, I am currently offering a month long "Awaken Your Glow" starter program. Send me an email if you would like more information!